Student Employment Information
Most library student assistant positions are filled during the first three weeks of the Fall semester. Additional hiring is done on an “as needed” basis throughout the year. Students are welcome to turn in employment applications at anytime to be kept on file in case a student position becomes available during the year. Application forms should be updated each semester/session to reflect the student’s changing class schedule and hours of availability.
Employment Application Forms
- The Library Student Employment Application form may be completed online and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment, or printed and sent by campus or U.S. mail to the address noted at the bottom of the form.
- Application forms are also available Monday through Friday at the following locations:
Library Administration Office (210 Morris Library)
Chemistry Library (202 Brown Lab)
Physics Library (221 Sharp Hall)
- Resumes may be attached to the application forms.
- Applications are only kept on file for one semester/session.
Examples of Library Student Assistant Jobs
- Enrollment as a student at the University of Delaware.
- Most student assistant positions do not require previous work experience, although effective time management, dependability, accuracy, and strong service orientation are important characteristics for all types of library work.
- Some student assistant positions may have special requirements such as typing skills or computing/technology experience. Foreign language abilities are preferred for some student assistant positions.
- Listing previous employment and volunteer experience on student employment application form is very helpful.
- Hours vary depending on the needs of each library unit.
- Work shifts are available seven days a week beginning as early as 8:00 a.m. or ending as late as 12:00 a.m.
- Please note all hours you are available to work on the student employment application form.