Welcome to the Chemistry Library
The Chemistry Library is a branch library of the University of Delaware Library and serves students, faculty and staff in Chemistry, Biochemistry and related disciplines.
Located on the second floor of Brown Laboratory, the Library provides a specialized collection of books, journals, and reference materials in chemistry, biochemistry, and related disciplines. The library also provides access to all electronic resources, e-journals, e-books and databases provided by the University of Delaware Library. The Chemistry Library also provides electronic access to course materials for chemistry courses at the University of Delaware.
Space & Services
- There are armchairs near the current periodicals and reference collection, several study carrels, and four group study rooms. Access to the group study rooms is available from the hallway when the library is closed. The 4-station computer workspace provides access to the Internet and the library’s electronic resources. Wireless LAN and AC outlets are available for laptop connections in the Library. A self-service scanner is available from which scans can be emailed or saved to a USB flash drive.
- Course Reserves. Materials placed on Reserve in the Chemistry Library are available at the service desk. These materials are listed in DELCAT Discovery if they are library books, but they are not indexed by course number in the DELCAT Discovery reserves section. A complete listing of items on reserve, in course number order, is available at the service desk. Books, journal articles, photocopies, and other items for course reserve for UD chemistry and biochemistry courses should be submitted to the Chemistry Library staff.
Chemistry Library Reserves Form
- Electronic Reserves. The Reserve staff of the Access Services Department in the Morris Library will scan and provide access to reserve materials for faculty who wish to provide electronic reserve materials to students online.
- Faculty and instructors who wish to recommend items for the collection, or have a librarian provide an instructional session to a class or group related to library resources and databases, please contact Cathy Wojewodzki, Librarian.
- Books and other materials not held by the UD Library may be obtained by Interlibrary Loan. This service is available to UD faculty, students, and staff.
- Access e-books, e-journals, databases and DELCAT Discovery! Most Library online resources can be accessed from off campus by current UD faculty, staff, and students. When using links on these pages, you may be prompted for your UDelNetID and password.