These services and tools can help ensure virtual access to course materials by members of the UD community who are teaching and learning online. Your UDelNet ID and password will be needed to access the library’s electronic resources from off-campus. View the How to Connect page for more information.
Materials Available Online
Vast online resources are available for those who are off campus. To locate material for use in online courses and assignments, check out the linked resources below or browse our materials on the Library, Museums and Press website. If you would like assistance in looking for electronic alternatives, please contact your liaison librarian or Ask the Library.
- DELCAT Discovery is recommended for finding books, videos and some journal articles. Use search filters to limit results to Full Text Online, eVideos or other online content. Limit your results to the University of Delaware Library.
- Electronic Books: This guide’s Quick Reference Chart provides tips for using the eBooks that you find using DELCAT Discovery.
- E-journals can be searched by title or browsed by subject category.
- Databases help researchers find discipline-specific content.
- Digital Collections: Browse through collections digitized here at UD.
- Streaming Media resources can be seamlessly integrated into online courses.
Faculty are encouraged to contact subject librarians who are working online so they may find electronic versions of print materials or alternative reading or viewing materials. Students are requested to contact their professor for updates on required course materials.
Faculty interested in using the Library’s Electronic Reserves service, in which Library staff make a digitized version of a reading from a photocopy, should contact Derek Dolby, email@example.com, for details.
Librarians regularly create custom guides linking directly to key resources from our collections for your course. There are also research guides available in most subjects. These key research tools can be integrated easily into your Canvas course with just a few easy steps.
If you need assistance with other Canvas issues please contact Academic Technologies Services.
If you are using materials such as ebook chapters or journal articles from the library’s collections in your course, use a permalink to reliably point to a specific information source such as an article, video, database, or an eBook. The library has created an EZProxy permalink generator to assist with this step: http://guides.lib.udel.edu/permalinksThis page was last updated January 19, 2021 11:28am