Archive of Americana
A family of comprehensive historical collections that allows researchers to discover and explore the United States in depth and detail. Included are books, pamphlets, newspapers, and government documents printed in America over three centuries.
The components, each of which may also be searched separately, are:
- African American Newspapers, 1827-1998 – U.S. newspapers chronicling a century and a half of the African American experience.
- America’s Historical Newspapers – Series 1, 1690-1876; Series 2, 1758-1900; Series 3, 1829-1922; Series 4, 1756-1922; Series 5, 1777-1922.
- American State Papers, 1789-1838 – Legislative and executive documents, many originating from the important period between 1789 and the beginning of the U.S. Congressional Serial Set in 1817.
- Early American Imprints, Series I: Evans, 1639-1800 – Books, pamphlets, broadsides and other imprints listed in the renowned bibliography by Charles Evans.
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set, 1817-1994 – Reports, documents and journals of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives.