The National Theatre Collection draws upon 10 years of broadcasts from the UK’s National Theatre as well as recordings never previously seen outside of the National Theatre’s archive. Digitized archival materials such as photographs, scripts and costume designs and provide behind-the-scenes background and contextual information.
The video content includes 30 video performances, including:
- Literary adaptations, such as Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein
- Greek classics such as a contemporary adaption of Medea by Euripides
- Modern stagings of Shakespeare, such as Twelfth Night
- 20th-century classics such as Lorraine Hansberry’s Les Blancs and the Young Vic’s production of Lorca’s Yerma
- Comedies such as She Stoops to Conquer by Oliver Goldsmith and One Man, Two Guvnors by Richard Bean
Coverage: productions range from 2010 to 2019