The Library of Congress has added our next batch (lovingly known as “Jinx”) to Chronicling America! We now have over 84K pages of Delaware content now available for free, full-text searching.
This recent batch includes roughly 10K pages from six newly-added titles:
- Wilmington Daily Commercial (1872-1876)
- Delaware State Journal and Statesman (1861-1870)
- Weekly Delaware State Journal and Statesman (1861)
- Delaware State Journal (1870-1883)
- Delaware Gazette and State Journal (1883-1884)
- Delaware Ledger (1883-1889)
For those of you who were inspired by the lecture by Hagley Historian Lucas R. Clawson to do additional research on the aftermath of the American Civil War in Delaware, these six titles provide a wealth of information for that time period.
We still have two batches and approximately 10K additional pages left on this grant cycle, so stayed tuned for additional content announcements!