2020 Special Collections and Museums Essay Contest
Have you used books, manuscripts, periodicals and other ephemera from Special Collections and Museums in your academic research? Have you had that research published by a peer-reviewed journal?
If so, submit your published or soon-to-be-published original research for your chance to cash in on your hard work. Applications are due May 22, 2020.
- The contest is open to all University of Delaware students, faculty and staff.
- All submitted entries must feature–and provide substantial evidence of–research discovered through the use of Special Collections and Museums materials.
- The submitted work must be published (or accepted for publication) in 2018 or later by a peer-reviewed journal in either print or electronic format. Works published before 2018 will not be considered.
To apply, please submit:
- A cover sheet with the following: your full name; status at the University of Delaware; title and length of your published work; journal in which your published work appears; date of publication; name of publisher; sources used from Special Collections and Museums; co-author (if any); date of application; and any final comments.
- A copy of the published work.
Please send all questions and application materials to John Quintus at email@example.com.
Applications are due May 22, 2020.
- First place: $1,000
- Second place: $500
- Third place: $500
The contest is sponsored by the Friends of the University of Delaware Library, an organization dedicated to expanding and enriching the research collections of the UD Library.