Marine Studies Library
Welcome to the Marine Studies Library
The Marine Studies Library is a branch library serving the faculty, staff, and students of the School of Marine Science and Policy in the College of Earth, Ocean, and Environment.
The Marine Studies Library is located on the Hugh R. Sharp Campus in Lewes, Delaware, in the Cannon Laboratory. It provides a specialized collection of books and reference materials on marine biology and biochemistry; chemical, physical and biological oceanography; marine geology; and aquaculture.
Delivery of Library Materials between Marine Studies Library and Newark Campus Libraries
The Interlibrary Loan Office delivers materials between the Marine Studies Library and the Newark campus libraries. All users can log in to Interlibrary Loan to fill out a form to request delivery of a book or journal volume using the “Request Marine Studies Item” or “Request Newark Campus Item” forms. For PDF delivery of a single journal article or book chapters, use the Article DELivery Service form. For assistance completing the request forms, contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 302-831-2236
Space & Services
- Seating is available for approximately 50 users including public computers for access to the Internet and the library’s electronic resources. A self-service scanner is available from which scans can be emailed or saved to a USB flash drive. Group study areas are also provided. The facility provides wireless access to the University network.
- Course Reserves. Materials placed on Reserve in the Marine Studies Library for courses mainly in the College of Marine Studies are available by inquiring at the Service Desk. Marine Studies Library reserves are listed in DELCAT if they are library books but they are not indexed by course number in the DELCAT Discovery Reserves section. All books, journal articles, photocopies, and other items needed for course reserve at the Sharp Campus by faculty and instructors in the College of Marine Studies should be submitted to the Marine Studies Library staff.
Marine Studies Library Reserves Form
- Electronic Reserves. The Reserve staff of the Access Services Department in the Morris Library will scan and provide access to reserve materials for faculty who wish to provide electronic reserve materials to students online.
- Faculty and instructors who wish to recommend items for the collection, or have a librarian provide an instructional session to a class or group related to library resources and databases, please contact Tom Melvin, Librarian, Reference and Instructional Services Department.
- Books and other materials not held by the UD Library may be obtained by Interlibrary Loan. This service is available to UD faculty, students, and staff.
- Access e-books, e-journals, databases and DELCAT Discovery! Most Library online resources can be accessed from off campus by current UD faculty, staff, and students. When using links on these pages, you may be prompted for your UDelNetID and password.