Welcome to the Physics Library
The Physics Library is a branch library of the University of Delaware Library, and serves students, faculty and staff in Physics and related disciplines.
Located on the second floor of Sharp Laboratory, the Library provides a specialized collection of books and reference materials in physics and related disciplines as well as access to all electronic resources, e-journals, e-books and databases provided by the University of Delaware Library. The Physics Library also provides reference and electronic access to course materials and homework solutions for physics and related courses at the University of Delaware.
Space & Services
- Seating is available for 34 users, including a 6-station computer workspace with access to the Internet, electronic resources, applications software, and programs needed in physics and related courses.
- The Physics Department provides equipment for demonstrations that may be checked out through the Physics Department. For details, please speak to Everett Ramer, Lab Manager, 110 Sharp Lab, firstname.lastname@example.org, (302) 831-0491. The demonstrations may be searched from the Physics Lecture Demonstrations web.
- Course Reserves. Materials placed on Reserve in the Physics Library are available at the service desk. These materials are listed in DELCAT Discovery if they are library books, but they are not indexed by course number in the DELCAT Discovery reserves section. A complete listing of items on reserve, in course number order, is available at the service desk. Books, journal articles, photocopies, and other items needed for course reserve for UD physics and astronomy courses should be submitted to the Physics Library staff.
Physics Library Reserves Form . Faculty who would like to place only library books on reserve may submit the completed Physics Library Reserves Form at https://library.udel.edu/reserve/osrs/
- Electronic Reserves. The Reserve staff of the Access Services Department in the Morris Library will scan and provide access to reserve materials for faculty who wish to provide electronic reserve materials to students online.
- Faculty and instructors who wish to recommend items for the collection, or have a librarian provide an instructional session to a class or group related to library resources and databases, please contact William Simpson, Associate Librarian, Reference and Instructional Services Department.
- Books and other materials not held by the UD Library may be obtained by Interlibrary Loan. This service is available to UD faculty, students, and staff.
- Access e-books, e-journals, databases and DELCAT Discovery! Most Library online resources can be accessed from off campus by current UD faculty, staff, and students. When using links on these pages, you may be prompted for your UDelNetID and password.