Newark, DE 19717
About this Event Lecture
Everyone knows Lewis Carroll’s fantastical, nonsensical world of Wonderland. Now is your chance to dive deeper down the rabbit hole with Alice and Carroll during the fall meeting of the Lewis Carroll Society of North America (LCSNA).
The meeting is open to the public. A reception will follow on the third floor of Memorial Hall.
Throughout the day, you will learn about many facets of Carroll, his literature and his legacy with discussions led by literary experts, including:
- “Martin Gardner: Behind the Looking-Glass” by Dana Richards, professor at George Mason University.
- “Old Russian and New Siberian Wonderlands” by Victor Fet, poet and professor at Mashall University.
- “’Glorious Nonsense:’ Not Only Lewis Carroll, but Also Gertrude Stein” by Edna Runnels Ranck, early childhood care and education advocate and historian.
- “Alice: What’s in a Name?” by Sarah Boxer, critic and writer for several periodicals.
- “His Master’s Voice and Alice: Eldridge Johnson’s Adventure with Lewis Carroll’s Alice Manuscript” by August A. Imholtz Jr., collector and past president of LCSNA.
- “I am Not a Carroll Collector” by Mark Samuels Lasner, senior research fellow at the University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press (https://library.udel.edu/).
An exhibition of Carroll-related books and photographs from UD Library collections will be on display for all those in attendance.
For a complete schedule of events, please view the official LCSNA announcement.
Boxed lunches will be available for an inclusive cost of $30. After the reception, you are also welcome to attend a dinner buffet with the LCSNA at The Deer Park Tavern for $42. Alcohol not included.
If you are interested in joining us for the meeting, please register and pay in advance for any meals you would like to attend here. Once you have submitted the form, please email Sandra Parker, LCSNA secretary, with your name and the names of anyone who will be joining you.
You may also register and pay via regular postal mail at P.O. Box 197, Annandale, VA 22003. Please make checks payable to LCSNA.