UDSpace Policies and Guidelines
1. Content accepted in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository:
- The work must be produced, submitted, or sponsored by University of Delaware faculty or staff.
- The collection or works to be submitted must have the written approval of the University of Delaware Academic Department Chair, School Director, or Research Center Director.
- The work must be education, research, or service oriented.
- The work must not be ephemeral.
- The work must be in digital form.
- The work must be complete and ready for input into the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository.
- The author/owner must be willing and able to grant the University of Delaware Library the right to preserve and distribute the work via the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository.
- If the work is part of a series, other works in that series should also be contributed so that the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository can offer as full a set as possible.
- The required fields must be input with each submission (such as title, author, subject/key words) along with the content.
- The University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository uses DSpace software which fully supports many common application file types (such as MARC, Adobe PDF, and Postscript) and image files (such asTIFF, JPEG, GIF and PNG) and text files [including HTML, TXT (text), DAT (data:ASCII data), RTF (rich text format), and XML]. Audio formats AIFF, AIF, and AIFC and video formats MPEG, MPG, MPE, MOV, and QT are also supported.
2. The Role of the “Community” in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository:
A “community” in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository is an administrative unit defined as a University of Delaware Academic Department, School, or Research Center. Written approval of the Academic Department Chair, School Director, or Research Center Director is required for inclusion of materials from that community in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository.
- Each community (Academic Department, School, Research Center) must be able to assign a coordinator who can work with Library staff.
- Groups of faculty or staff wishing to establish a community in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository that do not fall into the definition of Academic Department, School, or Research Center will require approval of the appropriate Academic Chair, Director, or Dean.
- Individuals may not submit items without belonging to an established community.
- The individual in the community establishes that the items submitted have copyright clearance and that the submitter has the right to submit the item(s)with regard to copyright compliance.
- The Academic Department Chair, School Director, or Research Center Director agrees that the information approved for submission to the Institutional Repository will be accessible to the world via the Web via the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository.
Invitation to Participate
University of Delaware faculty and staff are invited to consider placing their research in the Institutional Repository. To participate in the University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository, contact one of the following individuals for further information:
Sandra K. Millard
Interim Vice Provost and Director of Libraries
Phone: (302) 831-2231
Associate University Librarian for Information Technology and Digital Initiatives
Phone: (302) 831-2231
Phone: (302) 831-0188
University of Delaware Library Institutional Repository Press Releases
“University of Delaware Library announces open access resolution passage”
UDaily, April 23, 2015.
“University Library announces 10,000 items, release of UDSpace”
UDaily, October 13, 2013.
“2 books by Prof. Boyer now online in Institutional Repository”
UDaily, February 19, 2008.
“Institutional Repository launch celebrated”
UDaily, April 26, 2005.
“Sharing Research through UD’s innovative Institutional Repository”
UDaily, October 25, 2004.