Library Services for Online Distance Learning
The University of Delaware Library welcomes distance education and online learners. Summarized below are the services that are available to students, faculty, and staff. Learn more about the UD Online Distance Learning programs.
- Ask the Library questions via chat, text or e-mail.
- Contact a subject librarian to discuss library resources.
- Search Research Guides for help with finding resources.
- Access online guides for Starting Library Research.
- View information on Library Research Strategies.
- Search DELCAT Discovery for books.
- Retrieve course readings on reserve.
- Many Film & Video Collection materials are eligible for the Distance Learning DELivery Service via Interlibrary Loan.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-books, e-journals, eVideo
s and databases!
Questions about services and/or resources accessible outside the Library may be addressed to Sarah Katz at (302) 831-6306.
Distance Learning DELivery Service. Request University of Delaware Library materials for shipment to your home address.
Article DELivery Service. PDFs of articles and book chapters from Library collections can be scanned and delivered to you in 2 days.
Interlibrary Loan. Request materials not available in University of Delaware collections and ILL staff will ship them to your home address.
For more information, see the Delivery Services Guide.
Students enrolled in a UD Online Distance Learning program can use their UDelNet ID and password to access the library’s electronic resources from off-campus.
View the How to Connect page for more information.