Libraries outside the state of Delaware may consult the Lending Information for Other Libraries page.
Libraries without access to OCLC WorldShare ILL or DOCLINE should send requests to the University of Delaware Collections Sharing and Delivery Department online. Please note that libraries must register for an account before requesting materials.
Returnables are loaned for 16 weeks and are not renewable. Recalled material must be returned immediately.
Audiovisual items are loaned at the discretion of Film and Video Collection staff for one week use.
If returnable materials are lost, a minimum $60.00 charge will be assessed to cover the loss of materials.
Materials Not Available for Loan
- Browsing Collection
- Current periodicals
- Center for Teaching and Learning items
- E-books, unless license permits lending
- Education Resource Center items
- Local interest/high-use microforms
- Music Resource Center items
- Pre-1850 imprints, but digitization may be possible
- Reference materials
- Special Collections, but digitization may be possible for pre-1924 imprints
- Student Multimedia Design Center equipment
- U.S. Patents
Charges & Billing for Delaware Libraries
- Loans are provided free of charge to all Delaware libraries. This service is made possible through funding from the Delaware Division of Libraries.
- Photocopies are provided free of charge to all non-profit Delaware libraries.
- Photocopies supplied to for-profit Delaware institutions are assessed a charge of $8IFM or $10 invoiced.
Delivery Methods to Delaware Libraries
- Loans are sent by Delaware courier when available, or by mail.
- Nonreturnables are sent by Odyssey or Article Exchange.