Most library student assistant positions are filled during the first three weeks of the Fall semester. Additional hiring is done on an “as needed” basis throughout the year. Students are welcome to turn in employment applications at any time to be kept on file in case a student position becomes available during the year. Application forms should be updated each semester/session to reflect the student’s changing class schedule and hours of availability.
Employment Application Forms
- The Library Student Employment Application form may be completed online and sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment, or printed and sent by campus or U.S. mail to the address noted at the bottom of the form.
- Application forms are also available Monday through Friday at the following locations:
- Library Administration Office (210 Morris Library)
Chemistry Library (202 Brown Lab)
Physics Library (221 Sharp Hall)
- Resumes may be attached to the application forms.
- Applications are only kept on file for one semester/session.
- Library student assistants may not work more than 26 hours per week for ALL University of Delaware employment.
- Hours vary depending on the needs of each library unit.
- Work shifts are available seven days a week beginning as early as 8:00 a.m. or ending as late as 12:00 a.m.
- Please note all hours you are available to work on the student employment application form.