Two Epson V600 color flatbed scanners are available for use on the computers in the Student Multimedia Design Center.
These can scan A4 or US letter size documents or photographs (up to 8.5″ × 11.7″) at 54400 × 74880 pixels at 6400 dpi optical resolution. Included with these scanners are transparent media adapters for scanning slides, negatives, and other non-print materials. More than one piece of transparent media may be scanned at a time, including 12 frames of 35 mm film strip; 4 35 mm slides; or up to 22 cm of 6 cm medium format film.
The scanners are kept on carts near the service desk and may be rolled to any computer when needed.
There is one Book ScanCenter scanner in the information room, opposite the Circulation desk, and five additional Book ScanCenter scanners in the Student Multimedia Design Center. Scanning is free.
The six Book ScanCenter devices can:
- Scan books and documents into searchable PDF, Word doc, JPEG, TIFF and PNG file formats in color, greyscale, or black and white.
- Send scanned files to: email, a smartphone or tablet, or USB flash drive
The Scanner/Copier can:
- Enlarge images up to 400% or reduce images to 25% of their original size
- Photocopy documents onto 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, and 11″ x 17″ paper ($.10/page)
- Scan documents at up to 600 dpi resolution into PDF or TIFF files, which may be uploaded to the UD Dropbox, attached to an email, or saved onto a USB drive.
- Serve as a virtual fax machine, when used with online services such as FaxZero or MyFax. Alternatively, UD students may have documents faxed by Campus Mail staff in the General Services Building on South Chapel Street when that office is open. The fee is $1 for for the first page and $.50 for each additional page.
There are three digital microform scanners available for public use in the Student Multimedia Design Center. Please sign in at the service desk to use these scanners. These scanners allow library users to scan a microfilm or microfiche image.
Image files can be emailed, printed, or saved to digital media, available for purchase at the Student Multimedia Design Center desk.
Scanner use is limited to two hours per person when other users are waiting.