Printing services will be unavailable throughout Morris Library until further notice. We are sorry for this inconvenience. If you have a document to print, this can be done at Smith Hall and Townsend Hall Commons. For more information about printing please visit UDIT. If you have any questions please let us know at AskSMDC.
Printing from University of Delaware Library computers requires a UD ONEcard or University of Delaware Library Copy Card, as described here. Print jobs from desktop computers in the Student Multimedia Design Center are released from one of the three print release stations in front of the service desk. The Student Multimedia Design Center has two black and white print release stations and one color print release station. All stations print on standard 8.5×11″ (letter) white paper only. Other sizes, colors, and styles of paper can be printed at the service desk for additional fees.
Free printing allocation
Many students’ UD ONEcards receive $5.00 as a free printing allocation every January and July. This free printing allocation does not purchase photocopies. After the free allocation is used, printing fees debit UD Flex accounts (see fee-based printing below). Carry-over of unused free page allocation is not provided.
Printers are located on the first floor and lower level of the Morris Library (see map for specific locations).
Duplex: Both sides of one piece of paper (default setting)
Simplex: One side of one piece of paper
Rates are per page, and apply to all individuals.
|Black and white page, duplex||$0.04|
|Black and white page, simplex||$0.05|
|Color page, simplexNOTE: all Library users are able to send jobs to the color printer, including those using public access stations on the First Floor. Payment is made using the “Color AND Black & White” release station in the Student Multimedia Design Center.||$0.50|
Please confirm print options before releasing print jobs, including final cost. Inform Library staff of any problems with printers and copiers when the problem occurs. Funds cannot be put back onto Library user’s cards or cash refunded after prints or copies are made.
Note that only 10 (ten) copies of a document may be sent to the printer at a time and that each document is limited to 100 pages.
Computer printing services offered at the service desk include printing on 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, or 11″ x 17″ paper, large format printing, printing on specialty paper, and lamination. Printing services fees may be paid at the service desk using UD Flex accounts, cash, check, debit, or credit cards.
- 20¢ per side for black and white copies or prints made on the Center’s standard paper or the customer’s own paper
- 50¢ for black and white transparencies
- 70¢ for black and white copies or prints made on the Center’s specialty paper
- 60¢ per side for color copies or prints made on the Center’s standard paper or customer’s own paper
- $1.10 for color transparencies or prints made on the Center’s specialty paper
- $5.00 per linear foot for large format paper printing and $2.50 per half linear foot, e.g., 18″ of paper costs $7.50.
- $10.00 per linear foot for large format canvas printing and $5.00 per half linear foot, e.g., 18″ of canvas costs $15.00.
- $1.00 per 8.5″ x 11″ sheet for lamination (smaller sizes possible, $1.00 minimum)
For projects requiring reproduction of a large number of pages, e.g., survey forms, classroom handouts, or theses, University Printing Services may be a cost-effective option.
Note: Because Center staff cannot guarantee the successful printing of each sheet, customers supplying their own special paper should bring supplies of paper more than sufficient to print the entire job.