Printing from University of Delaware Library computers requires a UD ONEcard or University of Delaware Library Copy Card, as described here. Print jobs from desktop computers in the Student Multimedia Design Center are released from one of the three print release stations in front of the service desk. The Student Multimedia Design Center has two black and white print release stations and one color print release station. All stations print on standard 8.5×11″ (letter) white paper only. Other sizes, colors, and styles of paper can be printed at the service desk for additional fees.
Free printing allocation
Many students’ UD ONEcards receive $5.00 as a free printing allocation every January and July. This free printing allocation does not purchase photocopies. After the free allocation is used, printing fees debit UD Flex accounts (see fee-based printing below). Carry-over of unused free page allocation is not provided.
Printers are located on the first floor and lower level of the Morris Library (see map for specific locations).
How to Print
From your Mac laptop:
1. On your Macbook, go to System Preferences and double-click Printers and Scanners.
2. Click the plus sign (+) below the Printers list.
3. When the Add window comes up, make sure the Default button is selected at the top and look for printers called 0-ud1sided, 0-ud2sided, 0-ud1sided-color, or 0-ud2sided-color.
4. Select the desired printer and click the Add button. The printer will be installed.
5. The first time you print using one of these printers, you will be asked to enter a username and password. This is your UD username and password. If you select the box to save the information in your keychain you will not need to enter this each time you print.
From your Apple mobile device:
1. To print using an Apple iPhone or iPad, touch the Action icon in the app you wish to print from, then scroll down the list of actions and choose Print.
2. Touch the Printer entry at the top, then scroll down the list of printers and choose on of the 0-ud1sided, 0-ud2sided, 0-ud1sided-color, or 0-ud2sided-color to select that printer.
3. Choose your print options and touch Print. The first time you use one of these printers you will be asked for your username and password.
4. To release the job, find an available printer. Go to the web page it mentions and log in using your UD username and password.
5. Select the jobs you want to print at that printer.
6. Pick up your prints from the printer
Duplex: Both sides of one piece of paper (default setting)
Simplex: One side of one piece of paper
Rates are per page, and apply to all individuals.
|Black and white page, duplex||$0.04|
|Black and white page, simplex||$0.05|
|Color page, per side, duplex & simplexNOTE: all Library users are able to send jobs to the color printer, including those using public access stations on the First Floor. Payment is made using either of the “Color Release Stations” –one in the Student Multimedia Design Center and the other on the First Floor.||$0.50|
Please confirm print options before releasing print jobs, including final cost. Inform Library staff of any problems with printers and copiers when the problem occurs. Funds cannot be put back onto Library user’s cards or cash refunded after prints or copies are made.
Computer printing services offered at the service desk include printing on 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″, or 11″ x 17″ paper, large format printing, printing on specialty paper, and lamination. Printing services fees may be paid at the service desk using UD Flex accounts, cash, check, debit, or credit cards.
- 20¢ per side for black and white copies or prints made on the Center’s standard paper or the customer’s own paper
- 70¢ for black and white copies or prints made on the Center’s specialty paper
- 60¢ per side for color copies or prints made on the Center’s standard paper or customer’s own paper
- $1.10 for color prints made on the Center’s specialty paper
- $5.00 per linear foot for large format paper printing and $2.50 per half linear foot, e.g., 18″ of paper costs $7.50.
- $10.00 per linear foot for large format canvas printing and $5.00 per half linear foot, e.g., 18″ of canvas costs $15.00.
- $1.00 per 8.5″ x 11″ sheet for lamination (smaller sizes possible, $1.00 minimum)
For projects requiring reproduction of a large number of pages, e.g., survey forms, classroom handouts, or theses, University Printing Services may be a cost-effective option.
Note: Because Center staff cannot guarantee the successful printing of each sheet, customers supplying their own special paper should bring supplies of paper more than sufficient to print the entire job.