UD ONEcard & Flex

UD students, faculty and staff are encouraged to use their University of Delaware ID cards (UD ONEcards). 

The University of Delaware Library accepts Flex as payment for printing. Credit and debit cards are accepted as payment for large format printing, copy services performed by Center staff, digital media purchases, and digital transfer services. For users seeking cash, Banking Services provides campus ATM locations.

UD Student Printing Allowance

UD assigns many student UD ONEcards a $5.00 computer printing allowance twice a year.  This allowance may be used for printing in UD computer sites but is not valid for photocopying.  After the allowance is expended, printing may be purchased using Flex dollars encoded on the card.  Print jobs are released to the printers at the Papercut Release Stations. Payment is taken from either the print allowance or Flex.

Printers and photocopiers are located throughout the Library (see map for locations).  All accept payment using UD ONEcards.

Library Copy Cards

Library Copy Cards are being phased out and will no longer be sold after May 31, 2024.

Those with existing copy cards can still use their cards in the library and replenish their balance at the VTS machines located in Trabant University Center and Perkins Student Center.

Library Copy Cards that are lost, damaged or stolen will not be replaced.

Patrons are encouraged to scan and email any documents and materials from the library collection. Printing is available for a fee at University Printing, local shipping and mailing services in Newark (UPS, FedEx), and at the Newark Free Library.

Adding Value to Flex

The Library’s Value Transfer Station (VTS)  will be deactivated as of May 31, 2024.

UD students, faculty and staff can transfer funds from any checking account electronically using My UD Dining and Flex Balance.

To deposit cash to your Flex account, please use the VTS machines located in Trabant University Center and Perkins Student Center.

Value can not be added to UD ONE cards using credit or debit cards.