Collectively called “Medical & Biological Sciences,” these databases include Biological Sciences (consisting of many subfiles, which can be searched separately), Biology Digest, Conference Papers Index, MEDLINE, Plant Science, and TOXLINE. In addition, there are links to ChemoReception Web. Abstracts are drawn from the world’s research literature and include journal articles, conference proceedings, monographs, technical reports, and selected books and patents.
Biological Sciences is an interdisciplinary database which offers abstracts and citations to a wide range of research in biomedicine, biotechnology, zoology and ecology, and some aspects of agriculture and veterinary science. Its subfiles are:
- Agricultural & Environmental Biotechnology Abstracts (1993- )
- Algology, Mycology & Protozoology Abstracts (Microbiology C) (1982- )
- Animal Behavior Abstracts (1982- )
- ASFA 1: Biological Sciences & Living Resources (1971- )
- ASFA Aquaculture Abstracts (1984- )
- ASFA Marine Biotechnology Abstracts (1989- )
- Bacteriology Abstracts (Microbiology B) (1982- )
- BioEngineering Abstracts (1993- )
- Calcium & Calcified Tissue Abstracts (1982- )
- Chemoreception Abstracts(1982- )
- CSA Neurosciences Abstracts (1982- )
- Ecology Abstracts (1982- )
- Entomology Abstracts (1981- )
- Genetics Abstracts (1982- )
- Health & Safety Sciences Abstracts (1981- )
- Human Genome Abstracts (1982-1995)
- Immunology Abstracts (1982- )
- Industrial & Applied Microbiology Abstracts (Microbiology A) (1982- )
- Medical & Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Abstracts
- Neurosciences Abstracts (1982- )
- Nucleic Acids Abstracts (1982- )
- Oncogenes & Growth Factors Abstracts (1989- )
- Toxicology Abstracts (1981- )
- Virology & AIDS Abstracts (1982- )
Biology Digest (1989- ) is a compilation of abstracts and indexes of domestic and international literature in the area of life sciences and is primarily intened for an audience at the high school or undergraduate college level.
Conference Papers Index (1982- ) provides citations to papers and poster sessions presented at major scientific meetings around the world. Subject emphasis since 1995 has been in the life sciences, environmental sciences, and the aquatic sciences.
MEDLINE (1946- ), containing over 1.9 million citations and abstracts, provides access to worldwide biomedical literature. Access to the database is available also throughPubMed.
Plant Science (1994- ) is a bibliographic database containing citations and abstracts of scientific literature on plant science, focusing on all plant scientific aspects,especially on pathology, symiosis, biochemistry, genetics, biotechnology, techniques, and environmental biology.
TOXLINE (1999- ) provides bibliographic citations and abstracts from journal articles, monographs, technical reports, theses, letters, meeting abstracts, papers, and reports relating to all areas of toxicology.