Church Missionary Society Periodicals sheds light on key events since the beginning of the 19th century. With active mission stations in every continent, the published journals, letters and reports represent a global perspective on not only evangelism and mission history but conflict, colonialism and globalization.
- Trace the lives and postings of all men and women employed as missionaries from 1804-1928 in the annotated Registers of Missionaries Yes Magazine (continuation of The CMS Gleaner) up to 2009, representing contemporary missionary work
- Letters and serialized accounts of indigenous peoples, practices and missionary encounters
- Newsletters from native churches and student missions from key stations in China and Japan
- Learn about the Society’s role in vaccination programs in Africa, campaigns against foot-binding in China and against child-marriage in India
- A rich source of illustrations and photographs
- Publications aimed at specific demographics such as women and children
Provider: Adam Matthew