We need your input:
In response to a University-mandated budget reduction, the Library will strategically reduce spending on books, journals and databases during the 2020-2021 academic year (FY21).
Oxford Art Online has been identified as a lesser-used database which may be canceled. In order to gather additional data to assist with the decision making process, we ask that you complete a brief survey about your use of this online resource. Thank you for your participation.
Oxford Art Online is a gateway into art research. It includes Grove Art Online and Benezit Dictionary of Artists. The full text of each of these two components may be cross-searched or searched separately. The Oxford Companion to Western Art, Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms are also available on a separate platform.
- Grove Art Online is a scholarly art encyclopedia covering all aspects of Western and non-Western visual art. Grove Art Online is maintained with a regular update program to articles and bibliographies. There are also extensive image links and key art images are displayed directly in the text of articles.
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists includes biographical information for more than 190,000 artists from antiquity to the present day. In addition to biographical information, entries include auction records, museum holdings, bibliographies, and images of artists’ signatures, monograms, and stamps.
- The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms provides entries on art terms, critical periods, and styles in the visual arts.
- Encyclopedia of Aesthetics is the most substantial English-language reference work devoted solely to the exploration of this subject.
- The Oxford Companion to Western Art provides coverage of over 1,700 artists and their work from classical times to the 20th century.
Users: 3 concurrent users