On May 1, 2023 the OverDrive app will be discontinued. We encourage you to make the switch to Libby, OverDrive’s newest reading app. Libby is made by the same people, with the same goal of connecting you to your library and to your favorite eBooks and audiobooks.
Libby by OverDrive is a free app that lets you borrow and download ebooks and audiobooks to your phone or tablet. You can also send borrowed titles to your Kindle ereader (U.S. only). Libby is easy to use, gives you the freedom to read across your devices and you can download your materials to read or stream offline.
If you prefer to access Libby using a desktop or laptop go to https://libbyapp.com.
Check out Libby’s Devices, compatibility, and syncing page for information about using the app on your favorite device.
Libby at the University of Delaware:
- Once you install the Libby app, follow the prompts to find “University of Delaware” and sign in with your UDelnet ID and password
- Browse our digital collections and borrow a title.
- If a title isn’t available, you can place a hold. After you place a hold, view your spot in line by going to your Shelf, tap Holds, then tap Wait List.
- You can view your place in line for a hold. After you place a hold, go to Shelf > Holds and tap the calendar icon. You’ll see your approximate wait time, the number of copies in use, and the number of people waiting.
- You can save time by saving your preferences. Tap Preferences at the top of your library’s home screen, or at the top of any list. Adjust your filters and default sorting option. Tap Apply Preferences.
- You can explore more book recommendations. Tap Explore at the top of your library’s home screen to discover your next great read. Search by subject, popularity, what’s available, and more.
There is an in-app support feature to help answer frequently asked questions. Visit Libby Help for assistance.
Having trouble connecting? Report an E-Resource Problem so that we can help you.